EMPLOYMENT APPLICATION DISCLAIMER
I the undersigned, understand that I will be required to submit to a battery of physical and mental testing during the processing of my application and that successful completion is required to move forward in the next phase of the hiring process.
1. I understand that I will be required to submit to a physical fitness assessment to determine whether or not I meet the minimum requirements of the position;
2. I understand that I will be required to submit to firearms assessment to determine whether or not I meet the minimum requirements of the position;
3. I understand that I will be required to submit to an in-depth criminal background investigation to determine whether or not I meet the minimum requirements of the position;
4. I understand that I will be required to submit to an in-depth civil background investigation which includes a full review of your personal credit history to determine whether or not I meet the minimum requirements of the position;
5. I understand that I may be required to submit to a polygraph examination in conjunction with the criminal and civil investigation to determine if I am suitable for employment or to resolve issues directly related to my employment application;
6. I understand that I may be required to submit to a psychological examination in conjunction with my application;
I hereby authorize the Clanton Police Department or their designee bearing this release, or copy thereof, to obtain any information in your files pertaining to my employment, military, credit, educational, or criminal records including but not limited to academic, achievement, athletic, personal history, disciplinary records, medical records, criminal records, criminal records, and credit records.
I hereby direct you to release information upon request of the bearer. This release is executed with the knowledge and understanding that the information is for official use by the Clanton Police Department. Consent is granted for the Clanton Police Department to furnish such information, as is described above, to third parties in the course of fulfilling its official responsibilities.
I hereby release you, as the custodian of records, and any such school, college or university, or other educational institution, hospital, or other repository of medical records, credit bureau, lending institution, consumer reporting agency, or retail business establishment including its officers, employees, related personnel, both individual and collectively, from any and all liability for damages of whatever kind, which may at any time result to me, my heirs, family, or associates because of compliance with this authorization and request to release information , or any attempt to comply with this release. I am furnishing my Social Security Number on a voluntary basis with the understanding such is not required by State statute or regulation. I have been advised the Clanton Police Department will utilize this number only to facilitate the location of employment, military, credit, criminal, and educational records concerning me in connection with this application. Should there be any questions as to the validity of this release, you may contact me as indicated below.
I also understand that, in many parts of the police department, it is necessary to establish regular and shifts in view of which I must be completely available for such assignments. I further understand that all appointments are probationary and extend for a period of 12 months, during which I must demonstrate my professional abilities for continued employment by the City of Clanton and the Clanton Police Department.